Those Down Moments And Gods Promise




Sometimes life brings its challenges, sometimes in life whether you believe that there is a God of the Universe, whether you believe in the big bang or whether you believe in nothing what so ever, life brings its down days.


I recently finished teaming up with NCS (NCS is a Youth Project Programme) which means it's time to look for a job. It is time to earn some money to pay bills, rent and with Christmas coming up, it is time to buy some presents. Well I have been unemployed full time for three weeks, only working on Saturdays and applying for jobs can be pretty boring. Application forms, repeat, CV sending, research on the company etc. It can often feel like you aren't getting anywhere as there is no immediate response. You have to wait. I have found I am not very good at waiting. It can be pretty disheartning when you apply for jobs and you hear nothing back, it almost makes things feel so much worse. I would rather hear back saying sorry you don't have the job then nothing at all. I am currently thinking what's the point. It got to a point the other day where it just hit me pretty bad. The enemy was telling me lies about myself and lies about God:

  • You Aren't Good Enough...
  • You Won't Get A Job...
  • If God Loves You Then Why Isn't He Providing?

I recently joined Kings Church Hastings and I love this church. I love the people in it from the Leadership team to the little old ladies. I have never felt so welcome in a Church before. I couldn't speak more positively on a Church like this one. At the moment as a Church we are doing 40 Days of Hungering After God. During these 40 days I want to growing in my relationship with God, I want to experience it in a new fresh way and going forward in Prayer.

I have been asking God to provide me with money or a job and I got to the point where I needed God to breakthrough. 1 John 5:14 says this:


"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."

I went for a prayer walk. I just find prayer walks help me engage with God, it helps me not get distracted and to just enjoy God's creation and as I walked and turned a corner I saw a rainbow right in front of me. It hadn't been raining and I am pretty sure you need rain as well as sun to make a rainbow, but there was a rainbow right in front of me and I was reminded on Genesis 9:16:


"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."


God won't break his promises. The rainbow is a reminder of this. God won't break his promises to me. Jeremiah 29:11 says this:


"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 

So when things don't seem to be going right, or things don't seem to be going the way you thought they might, we know we can trust God in his promises and his plans for us. I know he has the perfect job out there for me in Hastings and I know he has plans for me in my future, all I got to do is trust him because although it can be hard to see sometimes, his plan is way better than mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment