WHEN YOU GET POORLY, GOD CAN GET HEALING




A lot can change in 24 hours. Maybe you go from having no money to winning the lottery or you go from having a fully working car to a car that is in the garage, well for me 24 hours ended up with me in hospital. Let me break it down:

Saturday
A chilled day and all of a sudden the worst back ache of all time. I thought it might have one of those weird aches you get when you sleep in a bizarre position. As the day went on the pain got worse.

Sunday
The pain in the morning was awful, but I had the privilege of doing a talk for our people on Soul On Sunday. I was talking on God as Father and I didn't want to let people down, so I went to do the talk and it was the toughest talk I have ever done; standing up was becoming more and more of an issue. Most Sunday's after church I will go round my girlfriend, Maddi's house where we will chill out, but all of a sudden I became extremely tired and just needed a nap. When I woke up, things got worse, I woke freezing cold. It felt like I was in the North Pole with only my swimming trunks on, however my actual body temperature was very different, I was really hot and sweaty. The problem was I couldn't get out from under the duvet because I was feeling cold, but my body temperature was so high that I needed to get out of the duvet. As time went on I start to get really bad stomach pains to go with the back pain. Eventually Maddi and her Dad took me to hospital where I was seen by a bunch of doctors; even though I was in so much pain I still managed to invited someone to church. Although I wasn't thinking straight, I was on the verge of passing out, having panic attacks and being delusional I knew that this doctor needed to be invited to church. We arrived at the hospital about 6:30pm where I was seen by an Out Of Hours doctor who admitted into A&E. I was on a bed, in A&E from about 8:15pm till1:00am when they moved me to a ward, to be monitored, and told me that I would be staying overnight and having scans in the morning.

Monday
The doctors thought it might have been appendicitis or suspected kidney stones, so they scanned for that, but instead they found something was wrong with my lung. In fact it wasn't anything to do with my appendix or my kidneys it was a bad lung infection. It was about 4:00pm and I hadn't eaten for about 30 hours and I was being sick, but had nothing in my stomach to be sick with so it hurt so much every single time. I was just in constant pain all the time.

Wednesday
About 7:00pm I was released from hospital with antibiotics and pain relief. I was able to sleep in a comfortable bed where I was monitored by my girlfriend and her family and I got to catch up with I'm A Celebrity and Secret Life Of A Four Year Old.

Friday - Sunday
For those who know me and know by my commitment to things, know I don't like missing out on things, especially when it's to do with Conferences or events. Just in case revival breaks out, I want to be there. New Ground hosted the Connect Conference and looking back on it, I probably shouldn't have gone with my health being what I was, but I knew I wasn't going to miss out on so much. Friday evenings meeting was a struggle. I thought I would be OK, but the pain was bad. On Saturday I left a service early, the pain had become to much and as I went into the foyer I had to try and breath, calm down and not have another panic attack. Someone who was at the conference came and saw I was in a bit of discomfort and once I explained offered to pray for me. He prayed for me 4 times. Colossians 4:2 says;


"Be persistent in prayer, and keep alert as you pray, giving thanks to God."


Even time we prayed the pain in my stomach and lung area became less and less and eventually completely went. The next day when I woke up the pain was still gone and I was able to enjoy the Sunday morning service pain free. At the end of the service a good friend of mine came up and prayed for me as I was still having some back pain, as he prayed the pain in my back went and I was pain free again. I wasn't healed by these guys, but by Jesus Christ. These guys have authority to command pain to go, but essentially its God who takes the pain away. These guys were just obedient to the word. It's now a week since I have been prayed and the pain is still gone.

I am so thankful for the doctors who looked after me over the four days I was in hospital. I am so thankful for God who gave them the knowledge and medicines for them to help. I am even thankful for those doctors who woke me up at 4:00am when I had been asleep for 20 minutes to take my blood levels and blood samples. I am thankful for my family who drove up from Brighton and stayed until 3:00am even though they had work at 9:00am. I am thankful for my girlfriend's family for looking after me and caring for me. I am thankful for my friends for coming to visit me and praying with me. And I am thankful for everyone who sent me text messages, Facebook messages or just prayed for me during this time. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment